Sunday, 12 February 2012

Week Five: Phil

Hi there - Phil here.

Originally from Bradford, I moved to Leeds when I was 7. Until recently I lived in Horsforth; I moved to the city centre at the end of January. I work as a software engineer and consultant in Kirkstall.

I love photography and typography, and have been known to watch a bit of Doctor Who now and then… :)

But anyway, how have I become a Person Of Leeds™? Good question. Long answer.

Horsforth's a great place to live, but it was only in the past year or so that I realised quite how much stuff also happens all across Leeds - and all thanks to Twitter. Little did I know what I was letting myself in for when I started my 2011 new year resolution of "go out and do stuff"!

I've become friends with people from all over the city and been to countless awesome and crazy events: music festivals, carnivals, photo and book groups, and even helped create an art installation in the Town Hall cells for Light Night with the talented bunch at Leeds Craft Club. I'm hoping to do even more this year.

Please wish me luck in my endeavours this week - everyone's been so great at this project so far and I really want to keep the conversation going… and please tweet me with your questions and thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment