Sunday, 16 September 2012

Week 36: Tess

Hello, I’m Tess and I’m a genuine Loiner. Born a month early at the old Hyde Terrace Maternity ward and raised in Guiseley (LS20 - that still counts doesn’t it?). Went away to Uni to study Modern European History at UEA in Norwich, but it never occurred to me to stay in that fine city (and it was fine). So back home I came, and never have left LS postcode again (well, obviously for holidays, visits and other stuff).

I didn’t really know what I wanted to do with my life, I had a vague idea that I would like to work at the University - and I have done
so for nearly 16 year now. Ironically a massive part of my job is helping students in Arts and Humanities to think about getting a job and making themselves more “employable”.

I don’t really have any hobbies, but I’m always trying to get fit/lose weight and my new obsession is playing squash - unfortunately this is coupled with my love of veggie food, cakes, cocktails and crisps, and more cakes. I love trashy TV and I am still mourning for Sunset Beach, but even I have drawn a line in the sand and refuse to watch TOWIE, and that Chelsea one.

Please join me on my People of Leeds quest,  I promise not to talk about
Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment