Sunday, 5 May 2013

Week 69: Neil

Hello there.  I'm Neil and I actually don't live in Leeds as I'm currently traitorously living in East Ardsley, Wakefield.  I was born in Dewsbury but soon moved to Kippax where I lived until I was 25, when I moved to Rothwell.  The birth of my first child, Lily, 6 months ago meant us moving to a bigger house.  Lily tends just to sit around and doesn't seem to contribute anything useful to the household.  I'm in the process of trying to work out what good children are if they are not going to lend a hand to my daily life.  I suspect she's extremely lazy.

I'm a primary school teacher at a brilliant school in Belle Isle and have worked with children for most of my adult life as I'm a glutton for punishment.

Outside of work I run a theatre company called Bite Thumb Productions.  We perform regularly at The Carriageworks theatre and have managed to build a small but solid reputation for the last 9 years within Leeds.  We have managed to build a massive deity-like reputation within my own head.  Our next show Up 'n Under 2 will be on next week (17th & 18th).  I'll probably inform you as to how that's going in a thinly veiled attempts at self promotion.

I'll be tweeting about all kinds of nonsense from very subtle plugs for our show, to nauseatingly sweet pictures of my daughter and hopefully some words of wisdom from my pupils at school who feel they have much valuable wisdom to impart to you all.  It'll probably be something to do with Gangnam Style, that's all they seem to witter about from the beginning of the school day till hometime.

Most tweets will probably be misanthropic and self deprecating.  I'm extremely good at waffling in a manner that suggests I know what I'm talking about.

My personal Twitter account is actually my theatre companies so I limit tweet content to discussion/pappy guff about the arts.  It'll be interesting this week to tweet about all the other random drivel that pops into my head.  May I apologise sincerely to you all now.

1 comment:

  1. Your post made me laugh! what a kaleidoscope of words.

    look forward to up coming shows.

    ReplyDelete