Sunday, 19 May 2013

Week 71: Mark

Hi everyone. My name is Mark and it's a pure delight to be your person of Leeds for this week. Now although I was actually born, bred and live in Leeds's sister city of Bradford I have a lot of connections with this great city.

Firstly my wife is originally from Leeds and lived there all her life before I snatched her away to live with me and secondly I work every week day in the city centre. I work for a lovely charity in the heart of Leeds called StepChange, we provided fee help and advice to people who are struggling with debt problems. They are a major employer for the city and the Leeds office has over 600 people in it and they are all awesome. I do give debt advise as part of my job so I help people each and every day which is very uplifting. I do work nights and Saturday's those so my tweet might be at slightly strange times.

Of course getting to work involves public transport and I have to get a bus everyday to get me to and from work which takes me near or through Kirkstall, Bramley, Rodley and Caverley everyday.

I am a bit of a geek and enjoy videogames, comic books and strange films. What I adore though is anything to do with horror and especially zombies. In fact I will have attended the 6th Leeds Zombie Film Festival in April having attended the previous 5 so expect that to come up during my stint as well.

I have no specific plans with my week as Person of Leeds but I will try my best to make it as entertaining and engaging as possible.

I hope you all enjoy my ramblings and I look forward to talking to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment