Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Week 90: Charlotte

I'm Charlotte and I live in Kirkstall with my boyfriend, Jonny, and my hamster, Syrup. I grew up in Coventry but moved to Leeds to study English Language in 2008. I didn't know what it was like to love your city until I moved to Leeds! I work for a company that makes deodorants in Seacroft. I haven't been there long but so far I love my job and I get to use all my language skills (I'm a bit of a language geek!) I love all kinds of food and cooking, especially finding healthy recipes for lunches and dinner. Most weekends, I shop at the butchers and greengrocers in Headingley which are fab for good, cheap ingredients. I also love going out for dinner in Leeds and trying new restaurants. Every Wednesday in term-time, I volunteer as an Assistant Leader for 1st Kirkstall Guides - they're great fun and I love my co-leaders! I've also recently taken over running the IronCupcake:Leeds competition, so that's now a big part of my life. I've been attending the competition on and off for the past four years, but running it has been so much fun! This week I'd really like to get more people baking cupcakes. They don't have to be the sugary masses of buttercream and bland cake that so many people expect! Really looking forward to meeting the People of Leeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment