As my name
suggests (alicebaileyLS8) I am Leeds born and bred and currently residing in
said postcode. I spent my early years in Little London and Hyde Park before
moving to LS16 and bar a brief hiatus in Reading (of all places) where I went
to university, the rest of my time's been spent in LS7 and 8.
I’ve worked in
radio for the past 12 years, in stations all over Yorkshire. I’m now a
broadcast journalist by trade, where being objective is the name of the game is
– whereas in my personal life I have often been accused of harbouring a
portable soapbox! But I guess I have
always been interested in both sides of the story, so maybe that’s how I ended
up here.
My other big
passion is music and I’ve spent (too) many a long night DJing in various clubs,
mainly the fabulous and legendary Leeds club SpeedQueen.
They just do occasional
nights now but it’s inclusive ethos welcoming open-minded people, gay straight,
trans black, white, young, old etc.. made it a very special place in clubland through the 90s and 00s
With a full time
job and a young son ,who still hates bedtime, life is pretty hectic. I’m aiming
not to rant TOO much and not to tweet after too much wine (hard in the festive
season I think) and also to use less brackets!
If I had a magic
wand, after the obvious (getting rid of wars, hunger and ill health) I’d create
an extra day between Sunday and Monday where the shops and most other stuff is
closed – just for chillaxing (as the kids say).

No comments:
Post a Comment