Hi everyone. My name is Mark and it's a pure delight to be your
person of Leeds for this week. Now although I was actually born, bred
and live in Leeds's sister city of Bradford I have a lot of connections
with this great city.
Firstly my wife is originally from Leeds and lived there all her
life before I snatched her away to live with me and secondly I work
every week day in the city centre. I work for a lovely charity in the
heart of Leeds called StepChange, we provided fee help and advice to
people who are struggling with debt problems. They are a major employer
for the city and the Leeds office has over 600 people in it and they are
all awesome. I do give debt advise as part of my job so I help people
each and every day which is very uplifting. I do work nights and
Saturday's those so my tweet might be at slightly strange times.
Of course getting to work involves public transport and I have to
get a bus everyday to get me to and from work which takes me near or
through Kirkstall, Bramley, Rodley and Caverley everyday.
I am a
bit of a geek and enjoy videogames, comic books and strange films. What
I adore though is anything to do with horror and especially zombies. In
fact I will have attended the 6th Leeds Zombie Film Festival in April
having attended the previous 5 so expect that to come up during my stint
as well.
I have no specific plans with my week as Person of Leeds but I will
try my best to make it as entertaining and engaging as possible.
I hope you all enjoy my ramblings and I look forward to talking to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment